BIG97 PRIMARY – CHROME
- Triple plated show chrome finish
- BIG 250cfm airflow – 55% more than a regular 97
- New power valve circuits improve fuel conditioning
- New ‘early plenum effect’ boosts top end power
- Ported distributor vacuum adds mid-range torque
- BIG S-jets accept 5/16in hard line
- Runs out of the box
- Chrome BIG97 with cable choke and/or LZ linkage available to special order.
BIG97 PRIMARY – CHROME
Available only from Stromberg Speed Parts. A brand new genuine Stromberg 97 in chrome with 250cfm max airflow, significantly improved fuel circuits and ported vacuum for your modern aftermarket distributor. The BIG97 Primary can be used on its own, in multiples (with direct or progressive linkage) or as part of the BIG97 Tri-Power.
Everything that makes the Genuine Stromberg 97 so popular is built into the all-new BIG97. These are the just highlights of what make the BIG97 so different. Click here for the full details :
- Old school, hand-polished, triple-chrome plated finish. Threads and fuel passages retapped and cleaned before assembly. Chromed brass plugs, screws and S-jet, and polished stainless steel linkage and springs.
- 55% more airflow – a 1.175in venturi with improve venturi shapes. The result? 250cfm per carburetor.
- New power valve circuits provide improved fuel conditioning for more top end HP on less fuel.
- New ‘early plenum effect’ boosts top end power by allowing all cylinders to draw from both barrels. Dual-plane drivability with single-plane top end horsepower.
- Ported distributor vacuum for improved combustion efficiency in cruising mode. You’ll run smoother and cooler, with more torque and better fuel mileage.
- BIG S-jet twin-ball inlet valve accepts big diameter 5/16in hard line (regular 97s take only 1/4in line) as well as regular Stromberg fuel fittings.
- BIG97s come ready to run with the following jetting: Main jets 0.056in, Power valve #65, Accelerator pump valve #60. As with any carburetor, rejetting may be required for other applications, high altitude, local gas, ethanol content and more. A wide range of jets and power valves is available.
- Chrome 97 with cable choke, VP base and/or LZ linkage available to special order.
Remember, like any carburetor, BIG97s need proper installation and tuning for optimum performance. Every BIG97 comes with full installation instructions and you can find more help on our Tech Center.
Stromberg chrome 97s are hand-polished and triple-chrome plated. And as you can see, we work hard to achieve a premium, show-quality finish at an affordable price. Please remember that hand-polishing and real chrome is not a perfect science. We believe this gives each piece an authentic, hand-crafted character, and we hope you do too.
NOTE: These carburetors are not designed to meet any emission requirements for 1968 and later applications. They should be used only for competition/off road vehicles or vehicles not required to comply with late model exhaust emission standards. Original 97 style hand throttle parts are not included.