Stromberg 97 Carburetor | with Cable Choke
- Built to original Stromberg blueprint specification, with key improvements.
- Re-issue original Stromberg cable choke lever and bracket
- Black lacquered cast iron base
- Factory-set brass float, made in the USA on original dies
- Reinforced airhorn lid eliminates leaks
- Twin-ball S-jet inlet valve
- High tech cellulose/nitrile gaskets
- 162cfm out of the box
STROMBERG 97 CABLE CHOKE
They’re just the same. But better than ever. A brand new genuine Stromberg 97. And on this model, an exact re-issue of the original Stromberg cable choke lever and bracket, as used on special aftermarket 97s made for 1949-53 Ford models. Available only from Stromberg Speed Parts.
Please note: You can use the cable choke option on the centre carburetor of a 3×2 set, but tight carb spacing usually means that the cable mounting bracket is best mounted on the rear carburetor and the cable brought forward to the center carburetor. The system works best with an early Ford style wire choke, which pushes and pulls from the dashboard control. If you use a more flexible cable, you may also need a choke return spring.
Here are the highlights:
- Super-accurate pressure die-castings from new dies, CNC-machined for a blue-print parts fit. So no oversize screw threads. No mystery parts from previous rebuilds. No problems.
- An early style cast iron base with stock size – not second-best oversize – throttle shaft. Parkerized and black lacquered just like they used to be.
- A reinforced air horn casting with extra material around the float bowl lid to eliminate warping and leaks.
- Stock original (sea level) Stromberg jetting – 0.045 main jets and a Number 65 power valve.
- 162cfm out of the box (independently verified) measured at 1.5inch Hg (same as they measure 4-bbl carbs).
- A new brass float, made in USA on original Stromberg dies.
- A specially developed no-stick S-Jet inlet valve.
- Modern, high-tech, reinforced gaskets. Sorry, no leaks.
- Stainless steel linkage throughout. Who needs rust? Not us. Our springs are stainless. So is the accelerator pump rod, the throttle linkage, choke plate, lever and more.
- Beautiful investment cast stainless steel throttle and accelerator pump levers.
- Correct pale chromate zinc treatment using the original Ford Service Bulletin process.
- Original-style riveted throttle and choke shafts.
- Extensive dyno and road tests have proved that it matches or exceeds original spec.
Note: Original hand throttle parts are not included. If you need them, email us, as we can probably find you good used parts.
Remember, like any carburetor, the Genuine Stromberg 97 needs proper installation and tuning for optimum performance. Every 97 comes with full installation instructions and we are working on help with tuning in our Tech Center.